[vcf-midatlantic] museum move report
DBC1964 at cox.net
Mon Mar 7 08:56:39 EST 2016
From: Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2016 11:02 PM
Cc: Evan Koblentz
Subject: [vcf-midatlantic] museum move report
>Today I worked with Tony from about 10:45am to 3:30, and then with Steve A.
>from 4:00 to 8:30.
>We three got a lot of difficult and satisfying work done:
>- Moved four pallets of Univac gear into the museum (one CPU, one tape
>rack, one I/O console (paper tape + Model 25 TTY), and two peripheral
>racks. (Duane C. and Bill Drom. know the model numbers better than I
Thanks for the update. Looks like things are coming together.
Left to Right they are:
1. UNIVAC 1219B Computer, aka Mk. 152 Digital Fire Control Computer, aka
2. UNIVAC 1540 Mag Tape, aka Mk. 19 Digital Data Recorder, aka RD-294
3. Ocean Tech Mk.75 Signal Data Converter (A/D and D/A, synchro, scaled
voltage, relay etc. )
4. Digital switching unit that Johns Hopkins made to switch I/O channels
Most likely a one of a kind
5. UNIVAC 1532 I/O Console, aka MK 77 I/O console, aka OA-7984
I would have put the 1532 I/O to the left of the computer to keep all the
UNIVAC equipment together.
The model 35 (not 25) TTY is part of the I/O console
The I/O console contains a model BRPE-11 Teletype punch and Digitronics
2500 paper tape reader, manuals for both are on Bitsavers.
More information about the vcf-midatlantic