[vcf-midatlantic] UNIX PC Ebay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Mar 7 12:56:04 EST 2016

On 03/07/2016 12:46 PM, Brian L. Stuart via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> On Mon, 3/7/16, william degnan via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>> I think it's time, if you're a collector of such things to grab up a UNIX
>> PC before the clean working and complete units fetch prices routinely above
>> $750, (but not yet).  They're still "new vintage" but I predict these are
>> going to become highly sought-after "tweener" type machines.   This is the
>> PC a lot of the famous hackers used in the late 80s
>
> Those are great little machines.  Back in the '90s, I used to host a collection
> of the old archives and related material for these machines.  Peter da Silva
> now maintains that archive:
>
> http://unixpc.taronga.com/

  Seconded.  I sold and serviced them when they were new, and ran one at
home for years when I was able to score a used one at a decent price.  I
have a few here now and love 'em.  Really nice machines, and quite a
technological achievement...A full-blown SVr2 system in a compact
desktop with a GUI on a 10MB drive with 512KB of RAM! (base config)

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA