[vcf-midatlantic] ISA Sound Card is going for $1500

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Fri Mar 11 10:45:47 EST 2016

> I didn't explain myself well.
> What I am trying to say is that the younger generation of people who
> are coming into the hobby.
> The ones who grew up on PCs and not Ataris, Commodores and Early Apples.
> They are here now.
> They are going to want to be represented. They are going to want to
> show off their machines.
> I think it's time to welcome them.

Yep!

And what is happening is there are tons of "lets play" videos on youtube
and videos of people doing thrift store hunting of older stuff. This
entertainment is probably triggering people who are younger and weren't
into MS-DOS games and such to start hunting them.

You could say part of it is the flipper mentality that has sort of taken
the country by storm (from American Pickers to coat of paint = $100,000
house flipping shows.) A *LOT* of the console games from the Nintendos and
such have very very high prices on the games now. Stuff like Conquors Bad
Fur Day go for more than new (Nintendo 64.) Same thing has hit the pinball
machine world.

I'm a bit different than a lot on this list, starting off on Atari 800XL
then going to MS-DOS PCs. But when we were kids we would wardial around to
find cool systems to play with that were UNIX and other random things.