[vcf-midatlantic] museum setup report

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Sat Mar 12 21:38:54 EST 2016

Tony, his friend Ken, Steve A., and I all worked in the new museum today.

Tony and Ken painted the short wall "circuit board green" ... Home Depot
says it's "sparkling emerald" or something like that, but I disagree. :)

Here's a picture: http://snarc.net/wall.jpg.

We removed and painted the outlet faceplates. They need another coat.
We'll finish that part next time. On the way home I stopped at Home
Depot again and bought black outlets to replace the beige ones. Black
outlets will blend in, or least they'll look like something electrical
is on the wall.

Steve and I spent most of our time setting up shelving and computers in
the microcomputer exhibit. Definitely not finished it finally looks like
an exhibit vs. being all over the place. Here are some pictures (same
side of the aisle from each end):

http://snarc.net/aisle1.jpg

http://snarc.net/aisle2.jpg

Ken moved a set of blinds for us from one window to another, so now four
of five windows behind the micro exhibit all match. We will see if
InfoAge has any other blinds that also match so we can finish the job.

Here's a view from the end of the day, looking into the new double doors
from the hallway. Still kind of messy inside, but it's much better than
last week.