[vcf-midatlantic] Opinions needed...

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Sun Mar 13 10:10:26 EDT 2016

> Wait a few weeks.
> I have found, believe it or not, you have a better chance to get the same
> selling price if you wait for the person who wins  this auction to save a
> little money so he can buy yours too.    I.e. people who pay top dollar for
> one rare specialized item will buy more than one if given the chance.

I asked a friend who I consider the most knowledgeable on the PC
soundcards / plastic micro sound chips / early game system soundchips
about the adlib Gold 1000. He said he was watching it as well and doesn't
understand it, he figured $50-$100. He suggested that maybe someone is
trying to push the market up on them, the only reason I could see that is
if someone is sitting on a bunch of NIB ones from Adlib going out of
business. At the end of the day though, it's an early sound card and I
couldn't find another example of one on eBay so it seems to be rare.
Supposedly some DOS games supported it's extra features so that makes for
a good case for it being desireable. Fascinating to watch, perhaps there
are collectors trying to get them all in the box and that card is the rare
one.

I have none of them in the box but I still have my Sound Blaster 1.0 w/
CMS chips, Gravis Ultrasound ISA and PCI, and an Adlib card I put in a
Tandy 1000 system I gave to a friend (the flyback on the CM-5 or CM-11
went thermonuclear on the monitor :-(

Guess I should buy a MT-32 soon!

 				- Ethan