[vcf-midatlantic] (Delayed) pictures from yesterday

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Mon Mar 14 23:12:08 EDT 2016

Here are some pictures of the back half of the new room, in which you
can see how the microcomputer exhibit is shaping up:

http://vcfed.org/evan/long1.jpg

http://vcfed.org/evan/long2.jpg

There's a lot more work to do. For example, each station will get a
backdrop, so visitors (and their pictures!) are not distracted by
artifacts/walls behind the units. We determined that the most affordable
way to do this is to use bolts of fabric. A bolt is a yard wide (same as
each unit), up to 10 yards long, and can be purchased in almost any
color. I called the fabric store and found out they'll even cut an
entire bolt into a zillion slices for us. If we get them cut into 6-ft.
lengths (same height as each shelving unit, then we can just attach them
to the back of each unit, it makes a nice backdrop, and it's completely
mobile with the unit itself.

The question is, what color should be get? Beige? Off-white? Light gray?
Light/medium blue?

Note: In the second picture, the iMac + late-90s internet appliances are
not part of the micro exhibit; they're part of the modern history
exhibit. Will pick up some dark green fabric for its background so it
matches the green wall across from it (shown in earlier pictures).