[vcf-midatlantic] DEC serial console cable wanted

David Riley fraveydank at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:16:53 EDT 2016

On Mar 18, 2016, at 10:46 AM, Jameel Akari via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:

> That said, does anyone have an MMJ crimper they could bring to VCF?  And I good source for the connectors themselves?

Yes and yes.  I brought mine last year (have dies for MMJ and standard 8p8c as well as standard 6p6c and various wire terminal crimpers), and will bring again.  I have pretty full bags of MMJ and both solid and stranded 8p8c plugs.

For the connectors, they're actually surprisingly easy to come across.  For example: http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=MMJ or http://www.neobits.com/pan_pacific_pt_066dec_rj_11_mmj_dec_plugs_qty_100_p3962335.html?atc=gbp&gclid=CImikZTDyssCFYclgQodjdQPQA (I've used Pacific, but the other one is probably just as good for $10 less).

If you have a Paladin Crimp-All 8000 frame (and you should, because it's a great tool), the Paladin die for MMJ is 2067.

- Dave