[vcf-midatlantic] Posts not showing

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 08:17:14 EDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 7:57 AM, Jonathan Gevaryahu via vcf-midatlantic <

> On 3/22/2016 7:54 AM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>
>> I think that's by design
>>>>
>>> No. There is an option you select during subscription to not see your
>> own replies. However, Chris F. and Jeff B. do not have that flag set in
>> their subscriptions, so I have no explanation for why they can't see their
>> own posts.
>>
>> It is a Gmail thing; if it detects a mailing list post (i.e. a redirected
> post from a list address which someone has just sent), it will delete it(?)
> rather than sending it to your mailbox ever. Or so I think.

​oh yea, I've seen this many times on any mailing list, not just here.
Gmail, I think others too these days, Thunderbird comes to mind, have a
mechanism to avoid duplicate emails. So whenever you .send. a post to a
mailing list, It can recognize the mailing list and prevent duplicate
messages. The one you just posted, and the one that the mailing list
broadcasts to everyone, including you.

With older email clients, you would have your post in the sent box and then
your inbox would have the email from the Mailing List with your message
_again_. So, you wind up with duplicate messages, your mail client storage
gets bloated, after a 1,000+ posts, it adds up.
I just filter my posts and the Mailing List messages into the same group,
so I see everything in one place.
Dan

​