[vcf-midatlantic] Best place to buy rack screws

Ray Sills raysills3 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 23 16:36:10 EDT 2016

HI Matt:

Yeah…. rack screws can be expensive.  The brass screws we used at work were $1.50 each!   One of the construction guys had a bag on 100 in his hand, and commented:  “Hey guys… take a look at $150.”   And the company was buying them in large quantities… likely 1000 at a time.

I guess the alloy of the metal is special, because the screws may have to take the entire weight load of the rack unit being mounted.  Some stuff can be pretty heavy, especially if it’s a power supply.  But then, the PSs are usually at the bottom of the rack.

73 de Ray