[vcf-midatlantic] Neat-o!

Brian L. Stuart blstuart at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 23 18:23:24 EDT 2016

On Wed, 3/23/16, Tony Bogan via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>> ACM is posting about VCF East/West right now on their
>> Facebook/Twitter accounts.
>
> Wow!! The Academy of Country Music? Damn, who woulda thunk?
> :-)

Years ago, the ACM had their computing week conferences at the
Opryland Hotel in Nashville.  I was there helping with the SIGCSE
part of it.  It turns out that at the same time the Academy of Country
Music was also having an event in the hotel.  It was absolutely
hilarious to see a bunch of computer nerds and a bunch of people
in cowboy boots staring at ACM signs trying to figure out which ones
where theirs.

BLS