[vcf-midatlantic] FS: Another Tanner/Digital Research 64K Static RAM for S-100 Bus Tested/Working

Systems Glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 22:18:23 EDT 2016

link: http://www.ebay.com/itm//272188605675

>From my last listing:

These are, in my opinion, exactly the kind of boards you want for old 8-bit S-100 boxes. Fully static, you can swap 2716 EPROMs in if you need to, and very low power draw. Pretty much the only kind of RAM board you can use if you want a full 64K (or close to it) in an original Altair with the original low-wattage power supply. This one has sockets for the last four RAM chips. The last two are not populated, as it came from a heavily modified Altair 8800 with a Turnkey card -- RAM from 0xF800 - 0xFFFF was disabled to allow the Turnkey card to co-exist. I can provide/install a socket and 6116 static RAM if desired.

All four tantalum capacitors have been replaced. Fully tested on my IMSAI 8080, including phantom. Memory was tested with the Vector Graphic ROM monitor's memory test routine ('T' command). You'll find the manual listed under Digital Research (not sure if they bought Tanner, or what). The manual states the board is IEEE-696 compatible; however, that just means it follows IEEE-696 signal designations -- it is not 16-bit compatible.

Thanks,
Jonathan