[vcf-midatlantic] Museum report

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Sun Mar 27 01:21:12 EDT 2016

PS. What are those dark green parts in the center of the door, you ask? We need a spacer between the handle and the door because none of us could make the door's width adjuster thingamajig work correctly. Matt C. from OMARC, who is a professional contractor, concluded that the handle company installed an important part upside-down. Fred said the handle was purchased online. We don't have time to wait for a replacement. Fred found a silver lining: he said many of the old Army doors had darker panels behind the handles to block finger scuffs and such... and making our own panels would give us the door thickness needed to let the handle clamp down tight. It's a kluge but it worked perfectly!