[vcf-midatlantic] OT: narrow LED flood bulb

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sun May 1 03:32:29 EDT 2016

"R12" is a "glass" size and may have several different base sizes. So this one:-


has a BA15D, that is a 15mm bayonet with a double contact, but I note others on EBAY with a BA15A so single pin contact.
In the UK I have seen these with Edison Screw...
... so buy your bulb, and then get a suitable base...


> -----Original Message-----
> From: vcf-midatlantic [mailto:vcf-midatlantic-
> bounces at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org] On Behalf Of Evan Koblentz via
> vcf-midatlantic
> Sent: 01 May 2016 07:36
> To: Vcf-ma List <Vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Cc: Evan Koblentz <evan at snarc.net>
> Subject: [vcf-midatlantic] OT: narrow LED flood bulb
> I'm doing a personal project unrelated to computers. I need to use an LED flood
> light bulb 1.5 inches at its widest point. Google says to buy a bulb size called
> "R12" commonly found in elevators. The project will use ordinary 110V AC.
> What do I use for the bulb socket? I'm having difficulty finding a straight
> answer.

More information about the vcf-midatlantic mailing list