[vcf-midatlantic] black Apple arrived

Hagstrom, Paul hagstrom at bu.edu
Thu May 5 13:45:15 EDT 2016

The "stand/port consolidator" is what is usually referred to as the "backpack", it's not usually separated from the machine.  It's one of the things that makes the Bell & Howell unit distinctive.

It's a bit of a hassle to get back on and it seems like a number of screws are missing.  In particular there's one wide screw that's used to complete the power circuit (such that the computer will only power on if the screw is in), and I think that's still there, fortunately.  There should be a corresponding hole in the back of the case as well where it's supposed to enter when the backpack is attached and the lid is closed.

Here are some brief documentations of my early adventures with mine:

http://yesterbits.com/2012/05/05/i-am-a-diagnostic-genius/

 -Paul