[vcf-midatlantic] OT: One modern PC, two screens

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Thu May 19 10:34:06 EDT 2016

On 05/19/2016 10:20 AM, Bill Loguidice via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> ... with however many more screens or real estate available. You typically
> still only work in one main program at a time for obvious reasons, but
> don't have to do as much switching windows (if at all) when referencing

I do a lot of testing (coding test tools, diagnostics, etc.) and find that
I tend to run a lot more than 1 program at the same time. Multiple monitors
is a great boon to that work. I have cli, dbs, viewers and logs scrolling
all running at the same time. I really wish I could have a few more monitors.
This is my home setup and my employer won't foot the bill. I hate going into
the office where I'm limited to the laptop's monitor. I did this before the
4K monitors started so I just picked up an 32" HDTV to go with my 29" LCD.
One this that does drive me mad is that my mouse sometimes gets "stuck in
the corner" when going from the larger to the smaller monitor. Then I have
to find the mouse and move it up or down. I lose the mouse often on my
screen. Despite that one little annoyance. I love multiple monitors. I may
break out my other LCDs and see what I can do. For now it's just the 2.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com