[vcf-midatlantic] 32k core unibus backplane

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sat May 21 15:42:35 EDT 2016

I inserted two 32K core backplanes in the middle of my 11/40, but I have
nothing in the core planes yet, except grant cards.

In front is the CPU backplane which connects to the first core backplane
with an M981.  The 1st core backplane ise connected to the 2nd by a M920,
and the last core backplane is connected to the general purpose backplane
with another M920.

Do I need grant cards in *all* empty core slots, or can I just put them in
the slots that don't already have a M920?

Is a core backplane only for core card sets?  Can I put any old card in
there?

Once I get a stable system and it appears the 1st/CPU backplane is talking
to the back (4th) backplane (serial card, etc) then I can start testing
core in a systematic way, using the serial port.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

@ BillDeg:
Web: vintagecomputer.net
Twitter: @billdeg <https://twitter.com/billdeg>