[vcf-midatlantic] Vintage computing art project

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 00:39:14 EDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Dan Roganti <ragooman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 7:35 PM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <
>
>> I'd like to try an experiment with painting an on-topic design onto a
>> sheet of clear plexi and having light shine through it. Anyone done
>> something like this? What kind of paint should we use?
>>

> that's an old art form, previously done with glass, as the stained glass
> artwork in a church. so you want to ​use glass paint​.
> Any other type of paint does not have enough translucence to allow light
> to shine through.
> And there are diff blends of glass paint which you like to make a test
> sample first before buying a gross of bottles
> some brands are more preferable for glass than plexiglass, some can do
> both.
> Dan

​btw, I didn't think you would contemplate on replicating the origins of
stained glass artwork,
which is why I did not mention the ancient art form of crafting actual
colored glass using a furnace
​It would be very heavy to hang above people's heads, possible liability
concerns, but always great for windows.
Probably would look very cool, with stained glass artwork of vintage
computers.
100x better than glass paint.
Dan