[vcf-midatlantic] WTD: cable Digital VR 260 Terminal

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Sep 8 14:27:22 EDT 2016

On 09/08/2016 02:22 PM, william degnan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> thanks.  I updated the pic of the rear of the display.  I point to the
> connector "holder" - can you confirm that the small hole is just a peg hole
> to hold the cable in place, so that there is no strain on the co-ax
> connection?

  Yes.  The end of the cable has a block of plastic molded onto it, with
a screw sticking through it with a big finger handle on the end of the
screw.  You hold the block against the back of the monitor and tighten
the screw to pull the block against it.  A small pigtail cable, 2-3"
long with a BNC on the end, comes out of the end of the block to connect
to the adjacent BNC connector on the monitor.

  In most of the variants of these cables, on the top of that plastic
block is also an RJ-22 connector (telephone handset connector) for an
LK-series keyboard, and a MicroDIN connector for a DEC-protocol mouse.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA