[vcf-midatlantic] OT New member, Intro

Martin A Flynn maflynn at theflynn.org
Wed Sep 14 07:03:54 EDT 2016

Adding OT tag -

Eugene,

Since you can't make the workshop, You might want to consider stopping
by IA on the 25th (the following weekend)

  * The VCF space is excellent - needs to be seen!
  * The OMARC hamfest is in the morning - We will doing EME with the
    TLM-18 (the 60 foot dish antenna on the DIANA site)
  * The Robotics Team is doing a presentation:  The FIRST Lessons - Real
    World Skills from Competitive Robotics in the afternoon.
  * The Radio Technology Museum has a handful of Harris and green radios.
  * The Military Technology Museum has a smattering of  comm stuff,
    including a few field comm trailers not yet on display.

BTW, Army / NTIA likes the place so much, that they made members of the
OMARC team custodians of both the K2USA and AAV call signs. (the former
Fort Monmouth Call signs).

73 Martin
W2RWJ