[vcf-midatlantic] my VCF midwest wrapup
jeffrey.scott.jonas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 03:15:07 EDT 2016
"There are no strangers, only friends you have not met yet"
--- W.B. Yeats
"A stranger is just a friend I haven't met yet."
-- Will Rogers
I just returned from my first VCF Midwest.
It was totally awesome. A most glorious, drama-free weekend
of vintage computers, reproductions, simulators and emulators
but mostly all the great folks who create and appreciate them.
I owe a zillion thanks to Connor
for making it possible for me to attend.
I was surprised at how many folks I already knew
(either from VCF east, or online)
and all the new friends I made so easily and comfortably.
The dinners were great for schmoozing
- the pizza place with the amazing pizza
sliced into small squares, perfect for sharing.
- the salad bar, with discount coupons thanks to Eric
- the "dead dog party" afterwards
The "free table" was like the dumpster diving after
TCF (Trenton Computer Fest) but it was all weekend.
I am enjoying items such as
- empty chip rails
- 5V and 12V power cubes
- more home router/switches
I had to pay for some items (GASP!)
- a pretty silver Kensington trackball (dealer's den)
- laser barcode scanner and more Palm PDAs from the auction
The most bizarre item I got:
a large heavy single axis gyro at the auction.
My only laments are
- missing the free rail of MAX232 chips
- not attending sooner!
-- jeff jonas
More information about the vcf-midatlantic