[vcf-midatlantic] Atari & ATR8000

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Sun Sep 25 09:58:11 EDT 2016

On 09/24/2016 11:55 AM, william degnan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Neil Cherry via vcf-midatlantic <
>
>> I have an unusual bit of kit. I have an ATR8000 which is a device that
>> was attached to the SIO port of an Atari 8 bit computer and gave it access
>> to CP/M.
>>
>> I'd like to resurrect this setup (working on the Atari 800XL now) but I
>> may need some help. What I appear to have is the ATR8000, CP/M floppy
>> diskettes (5 1/4) and a manual. I haven't found my Atari Drives but I hope
>> to have my Raspberry Pi (SIO2PC) working soon.
>>
>> I may need to beg, borrow or steal an Atari drive and a normal 5 1/4"
>> drive tha can handle 1024 sector CP/M disks.
>>

> Neil,
> Where are you located, maybe someone is nearby.  I am in the Phila area,
> you're welcome to stop by here, bring what you have  and borrow the rest to
> get your system running.  I am less keen on shipping.

Oh, forgotten details: I'm in Monro Twp (8a NJTP),

What do I need to learn about CP/M? I think I have a few old disk drives
from various IBM PCs (so possibly a 360k drive, a 1.2M drive and a 1.44M
drive). From what I can ascertain I'll need to play with some code (cool)
to setup the disks. I'd also like to build a hard drive (IDE, CF or SD)
so I don't need to depend on the floppies as they are becoming harder
to find.

Thanks in advance.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com