[vcf-midatlantic] THANK YOU

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 06:23:23 EDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 2:45 AM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <

> Hey everyone.
>
> I wanted to send this email Monday morning. Been crazy busy catching up on
> work and sleep!
>
> Many people in our group and from the InfoAge community commented that I
> seemed more relaxed at this year's VCF East than every other year.
>
> There are three words to explain the reasons.
>
> The first word is "team". More than ever, there were a ton of insanely
> helpful people doing event tasks these past few weeks and at the show
> itself. With advance apologies to anyone I forget, and in no particular
> order: some of the most helpful people immediately preceding the show were
> Corey (who's responsible for every penny of our business matters), Tony
> (and his employees) for doing a ton of physical labor, Bill Dudley, Adam,
> Jeff Galinat, Dean/Drew, Dave R., Dan, Bill W., Bill I., Bill Degnan,
> Henry, Amy, Ann, Jeff J., Don, and Martin; our gatekeeper Victor; InfoAge's
> support team of Patrick, Gloria, Jim, Dawn, Ben, Derek, and Elaine; and
> Garden State Central Model RR Club's Steve, Jimmy, Bob, etc.
>
> That leads to the other two words: Jeff Brace.
>
> Anyone with even a limited view inside VCF operations can see that Brace
> was "helpfulest" person of all. Our board smartly determined that Jeff's
> attention to detail and openness to hard work were the perfect balance to
> my hundred-mile-an-hour brain. They gave Jeff the role of project manager,
> which left me free to focus on my strengths (summarized as "public stuff":
> marketing, finding keynoters/presenters/sponsors, recruiting exhibitors,
> making a good layout, social media, interacting with other organizations,
> PR, museum improvements, etc.) .... however Jeff did more behind-the-scenes
> work before, during, and after the event than most of you will ever know.
> As I explained to many people last weekend: my job is to say, "Let's all go
> thataway!", and if the board approves the direction/funding then Jeff's job
> is to plan all the details for HOW to go that way. He's been our unsung
> hero.

+1 to all of that.

I also wanted to recognize the hard work done by the exhibitors.  I have
some nice footage to compile into a video, hope to get started on that
right away.  This year the exhibitors got to it, did not need anything much
and appeared to be self sufficient allowing staff to concentrate on other
things.

Bill