[vcf-midatlantic] The museum needs a Raspberry Pi

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 20:33:26 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:53 PM, William Dudley via vcf-midatlantic <

> We wish to make a small web server to source the pages for the tablets
> that are used to show the exhibit labels.
>
> A Raspberry Pi (not the Zero, it should have wired Ethernet) would be
> perfect for this use: low power, no rotating machinery to wear out, etc.
>
> I think one or more of you sell Raspberry Pi "kits" -- Pi, case, power
> supply,
> maybe even the SD card with Linux on it.
>
> Rather then buy the Pi from Joe Random on Ebay, I thought we'd ask on
> the list first if any of you want to sell (or even donate!) a Pi to the
> museum.
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>
> Bill Dudley
>
> This email is free of malware because I run Linux.

I like the Next Thing Co C.H.I.P. too this...in my house I use a CHIP as a
wireless SIMH server (via Debian Linux).  For that matter I use  Pi Zero,
too, with a wireless dongle attached to the usb port.  My PiDP8 uses a Pi
Zero.  Uses less power so you don't need a high miliamp power supply