[vcf-midatlantic] replacing mono display DEC Rainbow

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 11:19:54 EDT 2017

Anyone replace the mono display of the dec rainbow with a VT220 (or..)?
The two VR201s I have screen rot.  VR201 is the part number of the display
that comes with the Rainbow.  I can't be the first person to ask this
questionj, most VR201's are pretty screen-rotted now.   I am guessing it
will take some doing to assuming the cable between the display and the
computer is not a straight serial connection.

In the meantime I will work on this and let you know what I find.  There is
a VR201 on Ebay for $100.