[vcf-midatlantic] PC needed for VCFed BBS
evan at snarc.net
Tue Apr 25 21:05:54 EDT 2017
As announced a couple of weeks ago: we need a PC for the VCFed BBS.
- It should be a PC that's already fully working, we don't want to get
some junk and have to fix it up.
- It should NOT be a tower: we prefer a mini- or micro-ATX
- All it will ever run is one or two DOS programs. In fact, you'll save
us time/effort if you pre-install MS-DOS 6.22 on it.
- Mobo should be maxed-out with the most memory that 6.22 can handle.
- The more quiet and energy-efficient, the better.
- SSD > HDD
- We'll attach a traditional dial-up modem or two, so it should have
(serial?) ports for this. (Big ol' telephony card not wanted.)
Who can donate something to meet these requirements?
More information about the vcf-midatlantic