[vcf-midatlantic] PC needed for VCFed BBS

Joseph Oprysko joprysko1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 16:37:32 EDT 2017

The MajorBBS will have plenty of games installed, live teleconference (well
a chat room, and will be able to have Trivia, Dice rolling, etc), forums,
etc. while it supports download sections as well, I'm not sure if that will
be populated/enabled at this time.

Once it's configured for outside accessibility (telnet/dialup), I could see
more of them being populated.

One thing I was thinking was that there is a (device/software app?) that
makes a telnet connection limited to "Modem" speeds. Not sure if that's
something I would implement, but am considering it, to keep the "Feel" of
dialup BBSing.

Also, I'm looking for someone who may be interested in becoming a co-sysop
for the BBS. While experience with MajorBBS isn't required, it would be
helpful. I've never been good with ASCII art/menu design, so if you are
interested in assisting, email me off the list.

Thanks,

Joe
On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 1:34 PM Dean Notarnicola via vcf-midatlantic <

> Good point. I have a $20 Gotek that would probably do the job
>
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Alan Hightower via vcf-midatlantic <
>

> > FreeDOS.
> >
> > I also recommend keeping a cheap floppy emulator (via SD card) around
> > just for boot-strapping systems.
> >
> > -Alan
> >
> > On 2017-04-26 12:12, William Dudley via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone know of a DOS 6.22 image that installs from a CDROM?
> > >
> > > This would obviously boot into something else, like linux, and then
> > install
> > > DOS.
> > >
> > > Otherwise, it's a real pagent for me to make dos diskettes and install
> > them
> > > to this
> > > pizza box. Right now is't booting WinXP, but has a password on it that
> > > don't know,
> > > so to use the WinXP install to make floppies, I'd have to use a Linux
> > > password fixer disk
> > > first. Or install linux on the thing, and use *that* to make floppies.
> > > Stupid, right?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Bill Dudley
> > >
> > > This email is free of malware because I run Linux.
> > >
> > > On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Dean Notarnicola via vcf-midatlantic
> <
> > > vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Agreed!
> > >
> > > On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <
> > > vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thank you Jameel and Degnan. Sounds like Bill Dudley's system is the
> best
> > > choice for us.

Normal Person: So you go surfing?
lot...