[vcf-midatlantic] the binary programmer cartoon

Alan Hightower alan at alanlee.org
Wed Aug 9 08:02:38 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-09 06:17, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

> LOL ... learning the fundamentals of the HP-1000 and PDP-8 front panels, and starting to learn assembly, has been a real eye-opener for me. Mostly it's confirmed my existing belief that you guys are all very smart and/or very crazy. :)

For your next stupid human trick.. err I mean eye opener, you need to
design your own CPU at a register transfer level out of either standard
logic families (74xx/4xxx) or discrete transistors like Eric. Then after
that you need to build your own transistor from raw Earth materials.
Then we can let you into the super secret engineering rooms... where
things REALLY get crazy!

-Alan