[vcf-midatlantic] the binary programmer cartoon

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 08:25:01 EDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Alan Hightower via vcf-midatlantic <

> The cartoon is clearly referring to Verilog and VHDL programmers...
>
> -Alan

​I would say it's far more earlier than verilog or vhdl,
We had programming machines before there was any HDL language​
Much like the programming charts from the Eniac,
where you had to create your design with the necessary logic,
and then manually enter the 1's and 0's into the programming machine,
essentially the points in the silicon die where you blew the fuse elements,
These were basically the very first PLDs. from MMI,
there might have been another vendor was available then too
Dan