[vcf-midatlantic] S100 hybrid IMSAI/MITs on Ebay

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 14:11:27 EDT 2017

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-IMSAI-8080-Computer-Microcomputer-/192269424297

Assuming this was assembled in the late 70's early 80's from parts of
"older" machines.  I am sure Herb would agree there were a lot more of
these kinds of S-100 machines used.  Most early "stock" S-100 systems were
modified and did not survive into the 80's in their original stock
configuration.

I bet the person who buys this will take the parts and use them to
"complete" other machines to return those to stock condition, destroying
the historical evidence that most computers of the 70's were hacked. or
paint the grey TAI chassis to make it blue.

I do understand about the financial value incentive to buy/sell stock
items, but historically there is a price to pay, lost knowledge.

Bill