[vcf-midatlantic] Mac SE coming to Workshop

Adam Michlin amichlin at swerlin.com
Fri Aug 11 13:52:44 EDT 2017

Certain early brand new SE hard drives (I want to say Quantum 40s and
80s, but my memory is fuzzy) were prone to so-called "stiction" even
back in the day when they were new. Back in the day we would drop the
computer from a few inches and often fix them.

My understanding is that if that works these days your drive is on
borrowed time (maybe even back then!).