[vcf-midatlantic] Mac SE coming to Workshop

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Fri Aug 11 16:25:17 EDT 2017

On 08/11/2017 04:08 PM, Adam Rosen via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

> There’s also the freeze-hard-drive-in-ziploc-bag approach, has anyone tried that?  A
> controversial technique, to be sure.

I've used this a couple of times and I have a drive that I'm recovering
data from that I put a cold pack on it. Read some data until it fails.
Let it cool and freeze the pack, ad infinitum.

Once I recover enough stuff I'll let Linux 'fix' the drive and see
if it recovers.

You must be very careful to keep the electronics dry. That's not easy.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com