[vcf-midatlantic] Mac SE coming to Workshop

Jonathan Gevaryahu jgevaryahu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 16:56:06 EDT 2017

On 8/11/2017 11:34 AM, william degnan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> I am picking up a MAC SE model 5011 with a bad SCSi HD (I am told) on the
> way to the workshop Saturday to play around with.  Not sure if anyone is
> into these I think the hard drive is bad because it needs a new Apple
> sticker on the side.  I have found if you replace the sticker the computer
> fixes itself.

I've got two dead miniscribe HDDs from two Mac SEs, I think the optical
gate sensor for the external track 0 sensor on the head stepper (these
don't use a voice coil head!) goes bad, and I'm not sure how to fix it.
Symptom is the drive ramming the head into the "track -1" head stop and
making a loud racket.

--
Jonathan Gevaryahu
jgevaryahu at gmail.com