[vcf-midatlantic] Mac SE coming to Workshop

David Ryskalczyk david.rysk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 17:16:32 EDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Douglas Crawford via vcf-midatlantic <

> On 8/11/2017 5:07 PM, Adam Rosen via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>

> When I approached recapping my SE/30  I got the impression the SE/30
> needed more attention.
> It could be that simply more people were INTERESTED in recapping them.
> Well that's all on that subject or we'll have to start a thread on the
> relative reliability of SEs.

To the best of my knowledge it's more because the SE/30 introduced SMD
capacitors, and reflow temperatures at the time were a bit high which
compromised the seals (though there could be other causes as well). The SE,
on the other hand, did not use SMD capacitors at all.

David