[vcf-midatlantic] PSA: Amiga 600 and Amiga 1200 can have leaky capacitors that eat PCB

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Wed Aug 16 11:51:51 EDT 2017

Learned the hard way after trying to use my Amiga 600 this weekend to
archive some software. Green screen. Figured it was PSU. Got home, popped
the RF shield off and sigh. Caps leaked electrolyte and it ate through
some traces.

Had no idea this was an issue, I know about the Lithium batteries in the
A2000/A3000/A4000 and A500 RTC module.

Going to have to try to repair, almost thinking about paying someone else
to do it if there is someone reputable in the USA.

:-(

 			- Ethan