[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Solar Eclipse sunglasses -- legit, better and still cheap

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 09:16:45 EDT 2017

Heh, don't know that I'd trust a Harmful Freight device with my eyesight,
but there are many other suppliers that will carry name-brand eye
protection. The goggle type devices are often called "cutting glasses" or
"cutting goggles" because they're only used when cutting or welding with an
oxy-fuel torch -- electric arc welding requires full face protection from
the UV given off by the arc as it'll sunburn any exposed skin. Many big box
hardware stores carry either Lincoln, Hobart, or Miller branded safety
gear, which is fine, safe stuff.

We went in for new glasses last week, and the optometrist had cardboard and
film filter glasses for free in their lobby.

Thanks,
Jonathan

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 8:22 AM, Dan Roganti via vcf-midatlantic <