[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Solar Eclipse sunglasses -- legit, better and still cheap

Jason Perkins perkins.jason at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 10:15:32 EDT 2017

I work for an optometry chain, this email was sent to everyone last week:

If a patient inquires on directly viewing the eclipse, we should advise
them that even their
darkest sunglasses can’t protect them from damage caused by looking
directly at the sun during
an eclipse and we recommend avoiding it at all costs. Because our message
is clear, and we
want to reduce confusion about eclipse safety, we will not be stocking
eclipse eyewear within
the offices.

Along with the American Optometric Association and NASA, we should also
caution our
patients against purchasing the ‘eclipse glasses’ found online, as they
(like many online
products) may not provide the protection claimed by the manufacturer. For
more information
on eclipse safety, please visit www.aoa.org and eclipse2017.nasa.gov/safety.

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Dan Roganti via vcf-midatlantic <

--
Jason Perkins
313 355 0085