[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Solar Eclipse sunglasses -- legit, better and still cheap

VAXman at tmesis.org VAXman at tmesis.org
Thu Aug 17 15:52:44 EDT 2017

Chris Fala via vcf-midatlantic writes:

>Brian, to where will you be travelling? I plan to drive to eastern
>Tennessee. Would love to get copies of your photos.

I have a sister who purchased a large horse farm down in South Carolina
many years ago.  She's in the path of totality; only 5 miles from center.
We're planning to go to a HP rocket launch Saturday in extreme southern
NJ and then, continue on the road to SC.  We should be there for Sunday,
Monday (eclipse) and Tuesday.  I'll have my Manfrotto tripod but I wish
I'd gotten an adapter to put the camera on my telescope's equatoral mount
with drive.  I'll be sure to suss that out in the next 99 years! :)  It
would be something to consider if I'm still walking this spinning ball of
mud when the 2024 eclipse occurs.