[vcf-midatlantic] Halt and Catch Fire

Derrik Walker v2.0 dwalker at doomd.net
Mon Aug 21 11:47:28 EDT 2017

On 08/21/2017 11:35 AM, Ethan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>> I don't know for Sun but I knew there was a way to run Mac Binaries of
>> MS products on SGIs. I think they did it for Sun as well.
>
> I have never heard of this? Apple A/UX could run Mac stuff under their
> UNIX AFAIK.
>
> I heard rumors there is a version of NT that runs on SGI Indigo with
> Entry graphics or something but only heard rumors of it.

MAE. I use to use it on Sun boxes back in the '90's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_Application_Environment

I seem to remember NT running on an Indigo 2 with Extreme Graphics, but
my memory could be wrong.

I think I saw a picture of it once. But could be faulty memory what I
actually saw.

- Derrik

--
-- Derrik

Derrik Walker v2.0, RHCE
dwalker at doomd.net

"Those UNIX guys, they think weird!" -- John C. Dvorak