[vcf-midatlantic] OT: my own Pi

Christopher Gioconda cgioconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 23:27:13 EDT 2017

Hi Evan,.

I've used them for: streaming media devices, video game emulation, NAS when
hooked up to an external hard drive, a wireless access point with DLNA
server for my minivan, SDR (software defined radio), added a touchscreen
and had an always-on family calendar+weather and traffic, got the small pi
branded camera and made a simple astrophotography device, hooked one up to
an LCD screen, put a frame around it and made a cloud-based digital photo
frame....

Chris

On Aug 21, 2017 11:23 PM, "Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic" <

Successfully booted my Pi Zero W into Raspbian tonight. Connected it to my
living room TV (native HDMI) plus a keyboard and mouse.

Now what?

It's a little Linux computer.... although Corey says I shouldn't think of
it that way.

No need to serve tablet content at home :) so I could use (real) ideas
about what to do with it.

Evan Koblentz, director
Vintage Computer Federation
a 501(c)(3) educational non-profit