[vcf-midatlantic] OT: my own Pi

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Mon Aug 21 23:39:49 EDT 2017

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

> Successfully booted my Pi Zero W into Raspbian tonight. Connected it to my
> living room TV (native HDMI) plus a keyboard and mouse.
>
> Now what?
>
> It's a little Linux computer.... although Corey says I shouldn't think of it
> that way.
>
> No need to serve tablet content at home :) so I could use (real) ideas about
> what to do with it.

    I don't have a Pi Zero W, but I use Pi models 2 and 3 for media centers
for my TVs.  The backend is MythTV on my Linux server, and the frontend is
Kodi/OSMC running on each Pi.  I'm using a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Prime (3
digital tuners with a Cablecard) to feed mythbackend.  The only Comcast
hardware I have is the Cablecard, and they don't charge for that.  I can
watch/record any combination of 3 channels at a time.  I can also watch
live TV on any (modern) computer in the house.

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us