[vcf-midatlantic] Monitor needed for museum

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Tue Aug 22 01:19:26 EDT 2017

Hey look!

http://www.robotshop.com/en/raspberry-pi-vga-adapter.html

Ethan Dicks (VCF East frequent PDP-8 exhibitor) turned me on to this.

He teaches Pi classes at his local hackerspace. He said that in his
experience the Pi usually "just works" to detect the video type, but
that it's more reliable when you edit the config file.

For 7 bucks I am definitely buying us one.

I already have a low-profile widescreen VGA LCD at home that's the
perfect size for our application. (VCF's existing supply of VGA LCDs are
all square-shaped.)

All's well that ends well.