[vcf-midatlantic] Monitor needed for museum

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Aug 22 19:06:32 EDT 2017

On 08/22/2017 04:36 PM, William Dudley via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> The pi was powered down without an orderly shutdown a couple of months ago.
> It took me HOURS to fix the corrupted files on the SD card.

  You and Evan have spent HOURS agonizing over how to approach this
project as it is, and gotten nowhere.

  Further, about that previous incident, in the name of God WHY did it
take HOURS to rewrite a bootable Linux image on an SD card and restore
your files?  That, too, is a five-minute fix!

  And even further, I believe Evan said the machine had dropped off of
the network.  In this situation, you must assume that the contents of
the SD card are already corrupt, so plan on doing that five minutes of
work anyway.

> If you would like to take responsibility for this project, feel free to
> step up.

  Oh good heavens, believe me I would, were it not for the fact that I'm
five hours away.  Anything would be better than watching this debacle.

> Otherwise, just silently hit the delete key on emails in this thread.

  I'm sorry Bill, but I feel compelled to help people whose welfare I
care about stop hitting themselves in the head with hammers.  I've told
you and Evan what you need to do.  It's up to you to either do it, or
keep hitting yourselves in the head with hammers.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA