[vcf-midatlantic] Have you grown tired of your WiF232 Internet Modem?

Paul Rickards rickards at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 17:38:15 EST 2017

Hi Folks,

WiFi232 guy here. I'll be at Festivus on Saturday and will have a very
limited number of WiFi232 modems for $50/ea. Jim, I'll set one aside
for you if you'd like.

Ethan, The stock ESP firmware in theory would work, but it's
cumbersome and the AT command set isn't Hayes compatible. A previous
version of my custom firmware is on GitHub.
https://github.com/RolandJuno/esp8266_modem/

As Bill said, a Raspberry Pi running the patched version of tcpser is an option:
https://github.com/FozzTexx/tcpser

Leif Bloomquist took this idea a step further and mounted a Pi Zero to
a card for the C64 user port.
https://hackaday.io/project/9587-raspberry-pi-zero-w-commodore-64-interface-board

Leif also has developed something similar he calls the WiFiTerminal:
https://github.com/LeifBloomquist/WifiTerminal

cbmstuff.com has plans for a new WiFi RS-232 modem:
https://www.cbmstuff.com/products.php?cat=2

Hope this info helps everyone.

Cheers,
-Paul