[vcf-midatlantic] Have you grown tired of your WiF232 Internet Modem?

Joseph Oprysko joprysko1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 17:56:04 EST 2017

Paul,

Are they the assembled units you’ll be bringing?

While I can solder a bit, SMD soldering is beyond me for several reasons.

I will try to show up on Saturday. Things have just been really bad where I
live. I don’t have a floor in my kitchen underneath the sink, and most of
the wood is moldy and rotted away. And it’s been like that for almost a
month and for two weeks, we were unable to use the sinks in out bathroom or
kitchen. But all that is a whole ‘nother story, not really appropriate for
this thread.

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 5:38 PM Paul Rickards via vcf-midatlantic <

> Hi Folks,
>
> WiFi232 guy here. I'll be at Festivus on Saturday and will have a very
> limited number of WiFi232 modems for $50/ea. Jim, I'll set one aside
> for you if you'd like.
>
> Ethan, The stock ESP firmware in theory would work, but it's
> cumbersome and the AT command set isn't Hayes compatible. A previous
> version of my custom firmware is on GitHub.
> https://github.com/RolandJuno/esp8266_modem/
>
> As Bill said, a Raspberry Pi running the patched version of tcpser is an
> option:
> https://github.com/FozzTexx/tcpser
>
> Leif Bloomquist took this idea a step further and mounted a Pi Zero to
> a card for the C64 user port.
>
> https://hackaday.io/project/9587-raspberry-pi-zero-w-commodore-64-interface-board
>
> Leif also has developed something similar he calls the WiFiTerminal:
> https://github.com/LeifBloomquist/WifiTerminal
>
> cbmstuff.com has plans for a new WiFi RS-232 modem:
> https://www.cbmstuff.com/products.php?cat=2
>
> Hope this info helps everyone.
>
> Cheers,
> -Paul
>

> On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 3:21 PM, william degnan via vcf-midatlantic
> <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
> > On Dec 3, 2017 3:20 PM, "Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic" <
> >>
> >> Paul will be at Festivus, there's your opportunity to solicit a new
> batch!

> > not
> Fair
> >> >

> > You can make something similar with a raspberry pi too.
> >
> > Bill Degnan
> > twitter: billdeg
> > vintagecomputer.net

Normal Person: So you go surfing?