[vcf-midatlantic] Bernie S at Festivus 2017

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Mon Dec 4 11:32:40 EST 2017

Bernie S of 2600 magazine fame will be attending Festivus.

He said: "Btw, Saturday I'll be stopping by the Radio Technology Museum to
retrieve some restored wire recordings from the 1940's that my late father
made.  Wire recording predated magnetic tape, and was used by the 1950 SEAC
computer for data storage. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEAC_%28computer%29
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEAC_(computer)>"

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEAC_(computer)>If anyone is interested in
seeing this 1940's wire recording technology demonstrated on Saturday, then
let Evan or myself know. Bernie would be happy to demonstrate it at the
Antique Radio Technology Museum.

-- Jeff Brace