[vcf-midatlantic] vacuum tube computers

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Mon Dec 4 14:31:25 EST 2017

On 12/04/2017 12:09 PM, Herb Johnson via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> The discussion below concluded in late November, but I have some comments and
> considerations.

> I myself, don't tell people "this is too complicated to explain". I give them
> *something*; it will provide some impression and place to start; further consideration
> will be their choice to make.

I have told people this is too complicated for me to explain ... because I
don't understand it well enough to explain it. My wife doesn't appreciate
when I explain in too much detail when I do know it so I try to adjust
explanations to the person's background and temperament. I'm not always
successful as sometimes my sarcasm gets the best of me and I say the
perfect thing at exactly the wrong time.

I do try to supply some answer when I have an idea, a guess when I can
make a guess (making it clear that it's a guess) and I've started saying
that I have no idea when I have no idea.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com