[vcf-midatlantic] vacuum tube computers

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 22:37:06 EST 2017

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 10:34 PM, Dave McGuire via vcf-midatlantic <

> On 12/04/2017 06:34 PM, David Gesswein via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> >> I'll throw in another example: volume knobs. Many (most?) car
> >> stereos still have knobs you turn to adjust the volume.
> >>
> > They may no longer be analog. My wifes car volume control knob seems to
> change
> > in discrete steps so we have the choice of a little too soft or a little
> too
> > loud due to the step size.
>
>   They haven't been analog for a very long time.
>
>               -Dave
>
> --
> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
> New Kensington, PA

just like cell phones make a click and flash sound for old-times' sake.  I
find it kind of funny that at press conferences you hear all of this
simulated flash and click sounds when people take photos.  Kind of stupid
if you ask me, but its the ones taking the photos without the click and
flash that you have to worry about I guess.

Bill