[vcf-midatlantic] vacuum tube computers

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Mon Dec 4 23:57:54 EST 2017

> Correct order
> Speed/velocity (integral of acceleration)
> Acceleration (acceleration = force/mass)
> force

derivative by time of position is velocity
derivative by time of velocity is acceleration
derivative by time of acceleration is sometimes called "jerk"

And then if you want to incorporate mass:

derivative by time of momentum (= mass x velocity) is force (= mass x
acceleration)

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 4:49 PM, David Gesswein via vcf-midatlantic <