[vcf-midatlantic] Festivus 2017 gifts to all and door prize

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Wed Dec 6 14:40:08 EST 2017

>> Adam and I have them ready: http://vcfed.org/evan/sr.jpg
>>
> Wow, thats a large variety of different types, some of each model.
>
> I assume VCF wants to save one boxed version of each of the models?
> They're mostly all different, though I see a few duplicates in there.

There are enough that we can give away these 50(ish) and not miss them.

We don't need to save one of * each * model. For example, these 50 are
all very common models from the same common manufacturer. If they were
computers then it'd be different -- we save each model of Apple,
Commodore, etc. -- but for sliderules it'll be fine as long as we keep a
five or 10 generic common ones so we can show visitors, "This is what a
typical slide rule looked like."

The recently acquired collection also includes dozens/hundreds of
obscure slide rules. Many of them are obscure not because they're
particularly valuable or desired (among slide rule collectors...), but
rather because they're slide rules designed for specific applications or
are branded by companies as corporate swag. We will keep most of those
if not all of them.