[vcf-midatlantic] "Go fuck yourselves" :)

Joseph Oprysko joprysko1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 10:29:50 EST 2017

Unfortunately, my mother is still in the ICU at the hospital. I was hoping
by this point she would have been moved to a step-down unit, and I would
have felt more comfortable coming to Festivus.

I have strong regrets about not being able to make it this year. I was
really looking forward to attending and telling everyone to go fuck
themselves.

Jeff, again, I’m sorry for not being able to make it. I guess you still
need to hold the GS a bit longer.

Also, I know I had planned on picking up one of the WiFi232 boards from
Paul Rickards. If someone who lives in the Montgomery County PA area would
be able to pick one up from him for me, I would be able to pay for it, if
we can make arrangements to meet up.  (Actually if someone is able to do
that for me, maybe you could also pick up the Apple IIGS that Jeff Brace
has for me)

If it was just the snow, I could easily deal with that, but my mom is 79
years old, has 5 stents in her heart, recently had a cancer scare, and most
recently was hospitalized for sepsis due to a blockage in one of her
kidneys.  While she does seem to be doing ‘better’ relatively speaking, the
fact that she’s still in the ICU tells me it’s not positive that she’s out
of the woods yet.

Again, if someone who lives near me is able to help, I’d greatly appreciate
it, if so, email me off the list.

Thank you everyone, have a happy Festivus, and may everyone Go Fuck
Yourselves!

Joe Oprysko

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 9:41 AM Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <

> According to Festivus Master Organizer Brace: Dave Riley will be here
> around noonish (bringing pasta) and Tony will be here at 6ish (picking up
> Jeff's BBQ). Plus tons of snacks and stuff .... the more people who bring
> food, the better!
>
> On Dec 9, 2017 9:36 AM, "Jeff Salzman via vcf-midatlantic" <
>
> > All you can muster up is "Go fuck yourself?" It's a good thing I'm going
> > be bringing my girlfriend with me, who happens to be a trucking company
> > dispatcher. She can teach all of you how to step up your game on those
> kind
> > of greetings. LOL
> >
> > By the way... the cookout foods are going to be lunch and dinner today?
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <
> >
> > > You can't not take this as a joke!
> > >
> > > I hope everyone remembers the Festivus tradition we started last year:
> > the
> > > official VCF holiday greeting is to shake someone's hand, look them in
> > the
> > > eye, and say, "Go fuck yourself" with a smile.
> > >
> > > So, in the spirit of Festivus, I hope everyone go fucks themselves this
> > > year.
> > >
> > > I look forward to everyone getting here today, shaking my hand, and
> > telling
> > > me to go fuck myself, too! It would mean so much to me.
> > >
> > > Happy Festivus and safe travels (sincerely).
> > >
> > > Go fuck yourselves,
> > > Evan

Normal Person: So you go surfing?
lot...